Who We Are

Pastors Waymond and Camille Burton arrived in Greenville, South Carolina in 1998 eager to follow the Lord's instruction to "take the water of life to Greenville." They were sent out to establish a ministry that would be faithful to that command. The first service was held on Sunday, October 4, 1998, with 15 people in attendance, mostly family and friends there for support. God has been faithful as we have pursued His vision.

Highlights in History:

  • December 1998: Our first two members joined the church
  • October 1999: Membership grew to 29
  • December 1999: Doubled space from 1200 square feet to 2400 square feet
  • February 2000: Children's Church was launched
  • April 2001: Increased space to 6000 square feet and for the first time we worshipped with live music
  • February 2002: The Wisdom Room opened with a wide selection of books to enrich Christian living
  • November 2003: Ordained our first elders
  • May 2004: Manna Food Pantry was opened and continues to serve families in the community
  • March 2005: Added over 3000 more square feet of space dedicated to the youth and a food pantry
  • April 2008: The Ark of the Covenant was placed in the sanctuary on Easter symbolizing God's presence
  • March 2011: Mission and vision revised to be communicated more easily and more accurately describe what we do
  • February 2013: First service at 710 Lowndes Hill Road where we have 15,000 square feet and two buildings
  • April 2014: Implemented live streaming for Sunday services and launched our Water of Life app

With our streamlined mission and vision in place, we are positioned to move into what God has for us next.